April 10, 2018
In this week's edition:
- Reflection on The Crosswind Tour: Resources
- The Crosswind Tour: The Final Week!
- Oh Yes She Did! Weekly Video Clips - Accepting submissions!
Reflection on The Crosswind Tour:
One of the goals of the tour was to gather more resources and stories from the community in order to reduce the media gap. Many of those stories will come out throughout the season as we settle down and organize our crew of writers.
Our first set of resources come from the incredible support of Athlete Ally, an organization in New York whose mission it is "to end the rampant homophobia and transphobia in sport and to activate the athletic community to exercise their leadership to champion LGBTQ equality." We partnered with them for our event in New York, and they sent along great resources moving forward. Check them out below!
Key Resource Sites:
- The Humiliating Practice of Sex Testing Female Athletes
- How the Olympics can Embrace Non Binary Athletes in 2020 + Beyond
- The ABCs of LGBT+
- Gender Testing in Sport: Ethics, Cases and Controversies
- Transgender Athletes in Competitive Sports
BAY AREA FRIENDS! Come celebrate the success of
The Crosswind Tour with us!
- April 13: Berkeley Homecoming BBQ
- April 14: Bay Area Rising Stars Showcase Game
- April 16: South Bay Womxn's All-Ages All-Levels Clinic
- April 19: Formal Bubbly Send Off
Can't make it to the Rising Stars Game? Sponsor a ticket for someone else!
We need your help to make these events happen! Sign up below to volunteer and receive free entry to events and free food!